Know of an illegal dump site in Tehama County?
The Tehama County Solid Waste Management Agency (Agency) has a new program to assist residents and community groups that are cleaning up illegally dumped waste on public land and public rights-of-way along the roads in Tehama County. If you, or your community group, would like to clean this site the Agency will provide a voucher for the cost of the waste disposal when brought to the Tehama County/Red Bluff Landfill. In addition to the cost of the waste disposal, the Agency will also lend out litter grabbers and gloves, as well as provide garbage bags for the waste. Please make an effort to separate recyclable items for recycling at the landfill, or for cashing in at a redemption center. You can review the policy below for more details.
To obtain a voucher, follow these steps:
- Once the Agency has confirmed that the cleanup is located on public land you will be contacted to pickup the voucher.
- Vouchers can be picked up at the Agency office, 20000 Plymire Road, Red Bluff, CA during the appointment time given.
- If you require garbage bags, litter grabbers, or gloves please inform the Agency before picking up the voucher.
- Bring waste from cleanup event to the Tehama County/Red Bluff Landfill during normal hours of operation, surrender voucher to scale house attendant.
Certain limitations apply:
- Each voucher may only be used for one (1) pickup truck/carload or trailer with a capacity of no more than 20 cubic yards.
- Voucher recipients are limited to two (2) vouchers per cleanup site/event unless authorized by the Agency.
- Voucher(s) shall not be used as garbage disposal service, or for cleaning out garbage from public agencies, businesses and/or homes.
- All waste must meet the Landfill's waste acceptance criteria.
- All hazardous waste must be transported to a scheduled collection event, voucher is not required for hazardous waste.
- Not more than nine (9) tires will be transported per load unless authorized by Tehama County Department of Environmental Health.
- All loads must be tarped and secured for transport. The Agency will not pay for untarped load fees.
- Access is limited to Tehama County residents only, proof of residency is required. All abatement sites must be in Tehama County and cannot be on private land.
- The Agency reserves the right to exclude any person, group or organization from utilizing the Program.