Veterans Service Office
955 Main Street Suite C
Red Bluff, CA 96080
Fax (530) 529-3659
Office Hours - 8:00 a.m. through 4:00 p.m.
Monday through Thursday
Closed Friday for administration and outreach
We Pledge To:
Treat our Veterans with courtesy, compassion and respect at all times
- Communicate with our Veterans in an accurate, clear and concise manner
- Provide timely service to our Veterans
- Make our services accessible to our Veterans
- Fully answer any and all questions, concerns and complaints.
Business Supporting Veterans & Veterans Supporting Businesses:
The VSO office will offer Tehama County Veteran ID Cards Monday thru Thursday 10:00 am until 2:00 pm on a walk in basis. We are a small office and if for some reason we cannot issue ID cards on a particular day, we will leave an announcement on our telephone voice answering machine. Please click here for the business application to offer discounts to veterans.
Can The Veterans Service Office Assist You?
Yes if you are a:
- Veteran, or a Widow of a Veteran
- A child of a deceased or totally disabled Veteran
- Parent who lost a son or daughter in Military Service
And you have a question regarding:
Compensation, Pension, School Benefits, Life Insurance, Medical Treatment, Home Loans, California State Veterans Benefits.
Information and Referral:
Outpatient medical and dental treatment
Alcoholism and drug dependence treatment
Veteran Business Opportunities
How Can The Veterans Service Office Help You?
We can provide our Veterans with information and assistance with any claim sent to the U. S. Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Compensation for Service-Connected Disabilities
- Pension for Non-Service Connected Disabilities (This program requires war-time service and the veteran be totally disabled or 65 years of age. There is also an income limit)
- Medical Treatment at a VA Hospital (Application and Information)
- Education Benefits (Application and Information)
- Why should I attend an Accredited College?
- Home Loan (Application for Certificate of Eligibility and Information)
Widows & Dependent Children
- Dependency and Indemnity Compensation
- Pension for Non-Service Connection deaths
- Proceeds from Government Life Insurance policies
- Educational benefits
Proceeds from Government Life Insurance policies
What Is The Veterans Service Office?
It is an office established by the Tehama County Board of Supervisors to assist in obtaining benefits from federal and state agencies administering programs for Veterans and their dependents.
How Does Your Veterans Service Office Function?
Your Veterans Service staff are trained in Veterans Affairs benefits and will assist you with submitting your claim to the VA and will provide follow-up service if needed, to determine that you receive benefits to which you are entitled.
Your Representatives work with accredited organizations such as:
American Legion – CA Department of Veteran Affairs – Disabled American Veterans – Military Order of the PurpleHeart – Veterans of Foreign Wars, and many others who maintain a small staff at each Veterans Affairs Regional office. Your Representatives also work directly with the VA.
VETERANS SERVICES STAFF ARE NOT VA EMPLOYEES.
They are Tehama County employees recognized as trained accredited representatives by the office of General Counsel, VA. The following are links to other Veteran Web Sites: