The following guideline is offered by the County Building Department to assist you in making an application for a building permit and expediting the issuance of the same.
What can I do on my property? Zoning Information
When you file for a building permit, the application will be reviewed by the following county departments.
- The Planning Department review the plot plan for setback requirements, and whether the proposed use is allowed in the assigned zone. The Planning Department is located at 444 Oak St. Room I Red Bluff (next to the Building Dept.) 527-2200.
- The Building Department will review project plans and your plot plan for flood hazard and code compliance. The Building Department is located at 444 Oak St. Room H Red Bluff. 527-7002.
- The Environmental Health Department will review the plot plan for compliance with health related matters in conjunction with activities associated with well and waste disposal systems. The Environmental Health Department is located at 633 Washington St. Red Bluff, in the Old Courthouse basement. 527-8020.
- The Fire Agency for Tehama County is CDF (California Department of Forestry). CDF reviews projects for compliance with the State Fire-Safe Regulation. CDF is located at 614 Antelope Blvd. Red Bluff. 528-5199.
All of the above departments will review your plot plan for large projects as:
- Single Family Residence, Mobile Home installation, Garage, Shop, Outbuildings, Commercial.
Only Planning, Building, and Environmental Health will review your plot plan for small projects as:
Swimming Pool, Decks, Retro-fit foundations, and Awnings