To obtain a marriage license, both the Party A and Party B must appear together at the County Clerk & Recorder's Office located at 633 Washington Street, Room 11, Red Bluff, Ca 96080.
- The fee for a regular marriage license is $64.00.
- A blood test is not required.
- Both Party A and Party B must be 18 years of age or older.
- Each person must present one form of valid photo identification with proof of age. If either party has been granted a dissolution of marriage within 90 days of applying for a new marriage license, a copy of the final dissolution decree must be presented at the time of the issuance of the license.
- Marriage Certificate Application
- Marriage Certificate Application (Spanish)
Your marriage license is effective immediately and valid for 90 days after issuance and can be used anywhere within the State of California ONLY. After the ceremony, the person solemnizing the marriage must return the license to the County Recorder within 10 days. (Family Code 359)
If either Party A or Party B is under the age of 18 years of age, written consent, counseling and an order of the Court is required before a license can be issued. Call the office of the County Recorder at (530) 527-3350 for more information.
MARRIAGE CEREMONY BY THE COMMISSIONER OF CIVIL MARRIAGES
County Clerk-Recorder Jennifer Vise is also the Commissioner of Civil Marriages. If you wish to have a civil ceremony performed by the Commissioner, call 527-3350 to set an appointment. The fee for a marriage performed by the Commissioner is $53.00 (in addition to the license fee) and must be paid prior to the time of the marriage.
To request a certified copy of a marriage certificate, the marriage license must have been issued in Tehama County. Give the name of Party A and Party B and the date of marriage. The fee for each certified copy of a marriage license is $15.00.
Please send the completed form which must be notarized, along with a SELF-ADDRESSED, STAMPED ENVELOPE, to the Tehama County Recorder, P. O. Box 250, Red Bluff, CA 96080.
DEPUTY MARRIAGE COMMISSIONER
Click here to access the form to become a Deputy Marriage Commssioner for a Day