Batteries are Recyclable!
Batteries are NOT Accepted as Trash.
The California Department of Toxic Substance Control (DTSC) issued requirements for disposal of rechargeable and non rechargeable batteries.
*NEW* FREE BATTERY RECYCLING OPTIONS FOR TEHAMA COUNTY RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES - The Tehama County Solid Waste Management Agency, in partnership with Call2Recycle, has begun a pilot battery recycling program. All-Battery Boxes, like the one pictured below, have been placed at eleven locations throughout the county. All types of batteries and cellphones can be placed in the boxes, with the exception of batteries weighing over 11 pounds and wet cell batteries. EACH battery must be placed individually in the bags provided or have their connections taped.
Please take batteries to the following locations:
Gott Country Store 18371 Bowman Rd., Cottonwood
Kohm Yah-mah-nee Visitor's Center 21820 Lassen Peak Hwy., Lassen Volcanic National Park
McCoy's Ace Hardware 2060 South Ave., Corning
Corning Senior Center 1015 4th Ave., Corning
Tehama County Library-Corning Branch 740 3rd St., Corning
Z-Wireless 908 Hwy. 99W, Corning
Latimer's Pharmacy 7885 Golden State Hwy., Los Molinos
Nu Way Market 8049 Golden State Hwy., Los Molinos
Sears Hometown Store 570 S. Main St., Red Bluff
Alsco, Inc. 535 Antelope Blvd., Red Bluff
Tehama County Library-Red Bluff Branch 545 Diamond Ave., Red Bluff
Businesses: All businesses that do not want to utilize the free All-Battery Box program must schedule an appointment in advance with the Tehama County Solid Waste Management Agency at (530) 528-1103. Small fees apply.
Tehama County Residents:
GreenWaste of Tehama Residential Service Recipients can also participate in the Curbside Battery Bag program by following these steps:
1) Pick up FREE battery bag(s) at the locations below:
- GreenWaste of Tehama 1805 Airport Blvd, Red Bluff
- Dollar General Market 460 Antelope Blvd, Red Bluff
- Tehama County/Red Bluff Landfill 19995 Plymire Road, Red Bluff
- Grocery Outlet 388 South Main Street, Red Bluff
- Walmart 608 Luther Road, Red Bluff
- Tehama County Environmental Health 633 Washington Street, Red Bluff
- Los Molinos Hardware 7930 State Highway 99E, Los Molinos
- Sacramento River Discovery Center 1000 Sale Lane, Red Bluff
- Tehama County Solid Waste Management Agency 20000 Plymire Road, Red Bluff
- Lake California (community residents only) 19999 Lake California Drive, Cottonwood
2) Fill the orange-colored bag with alkaline batteries only and seal firmly.
3) Place the bag INSIDE your curbside recycling bin for pick-up
---DO NOT RETURN BATTERY BAGS TO THE STORES---
City of Corning Residents: Drop off your spent batteries at Corning Ace Hardware at 2020 Solano St., Corning, CA; or any of the All-Battery Box locations.
Other Tehama County Residents: Call the Tehama County Solid Waste Management Agency at (530) 528-1103 for more information or view our brochure (English Spanish).
RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES - NiMH, NiCD, cellphones, drill batteries, etc. Take rechargeable batteries to any retail store that sells rechargeable batteries. Stores that sell rechargeable batteries are required to take them back.
|Contact Information | 19995 Plymire Rd | Red Bluff, CA 96080 Phone: (530)528-1103 |